Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All The Little Things: Trinkets, Part Three


And so it is, the last part in the forever long list of fun WoW trinkets! I like to think that I have saved the best for last, at least some of the most popular ones, namely the transformation trinkets. There are not many out there but the three I found are rather exclusive and desireable. In addition, I will show you some trinkets that might amuse you in a combat situation and some I found too interesting to drop. So, shall we just get down to business? *wink*

The first one on the list is not too hard to come by if you are willing to do a bit of farming, yet I have not seen many people carrying this fun little trinket. Its name is Orb of Deception and it will transform your character into one of the opposing faction. It is, however, not random who you turn in to. According to the information on wowhead the transformations are as follows: dwarf – troll, gnome – tauren, human – orc, night elf – undead, draenei – blood elf.






Gender will remain the same. This means that if you are a female draenei like in the screenshot here, you will transform into a female blood elf and vice versa. Special thanks to Dendte for letting me take a screenshot! A dwarf will then turn into a troll - thanks Addy!
The highest droprate as far as I can see is
mainly off of Skarr the Unbreakable, a rare elite in Feralas.





Hook of the Master Angler is one of the two rewards you can choose from if you are lucky enough to win the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. I am planning on giving the competition a go soon, since I am a die-hard fisherwoman and it is the only challenging achievement I am missing for my Salty title. If I win, I’ll be picking up this trinket for sure. Wish me luck.




And last but not least, there is the Time-lost Figurine. This awesome trinket is the rarest one you can get your hands on and will turn you in to a random arakkoa. It has its own emotes and all and drops from Terokk, whom you have to summon. Prepare to work for this beauty, though. Getting the mats necessary for the summon takes some time and work and then you are at the mercy of Lady Luck. But believe me...it is worth it. And how great is it that Addy got the exact same look as Talon King Ikiss!
Talon King Ikiss yells: Ra-ak! Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Ak!




Aaand then there are the trinkets that shine in combat:
I sometimes dream of dropping a house on someone, but a meteor will have to do in a pinch. If you feel the same way try Shard of the Fallen Star. However, you must be very lucky indeed if you got your hands on this one and I will envy you loads. It is a fairly rare trinket, dropping only in AQ.
But, if you prefer a more 'surprise me' approach you can go two ways. Either try some of the more unstable and goofy engineering trinkets or something like the Six Demon Bag.

The Six Demon Bag will summon demons, sheep your foes…or you.. there seems to be no limits to what it can do. A similar trinket would be the Monster Slayer’s Kit...if you have it. It is another one of those unavaliable trinkets, as it was a part of the pre-expansion events. Funny how these two seem to be the opposite of eachother. If you are nice go for the Monster Slayer Kit, and if you want to be bad go for the Six Demon Bag. ;)
But, let me just make it clear. If you are not easily impressed or expect something hilariously funny to happen every time you use your trinket, then these might not be for you. I suggest you try some of the following trinkets in stead:


The Cannonball Runner will spawn a pretty nice looking cannon that will shoot at your foes. Also, this trinket is quite nice if you are a guard or even a pirate. ;) Now I know that for those of us who run in to Stratholme just for the Rivendare mount, this trinket will be a detour. Still, Stratholme has so much to offer that perhaps sometimes you could give yourself a break from the timed routine and go for the cannon, the flute and even the Postmaster set in addition to the mount?



More gadgety ways of defeating your enemies can be using the Gnomish Poultryizer, Goblin Rocket Launcher or the Gnomish Universal Remote. It is really worth it to check out the engineering profession for more fun gadgets.

Before I go I want to give some space to a few things. Fistly, check out The Skull of Gul’Dan - possibly the trinket on my list with most history. I know some of you will appreciate it. It will also turn your character green and this green glow will trail after you. Still, I have a bit of a problem with items like this. For how many people can run around with an item there is only supposed to be one of? But that may just be me.
Secondly, I found two very interesting trinkets for warlocks: The Black Book and Pimgib's Collar. A black book and a collar for your Imp? If I was a warlock, these two would be my trinkets of choice.

Well, that's it! I hope you found something you liked in all this, and I really hope I didn't put you to sleep. *blush*
There are some people I have to thank for helping with these last three posts. Thank you Dendte, Addy, Lyst and Elira for letting me take screenshots of you! Especially Addy who showed me his entire collection. Special thanks to Sumec for pushing me to publish, and Elira and Xarva for giving me feedback and encouragement. *hugs*
I could not have done it without you.

Should you be crazy enough to want more, or feel this has been too messy, let me know and I will email you a comprehensive list. (It is alphabetically ordered and sorted by epics, blues and greens. Plus there are descriptions and links to wowhead. Yes, I am just that nerdy.)
How to get in touch with me? For now, you can send an ingame mail to Hanuma on The Venture Co.
I will, however not be able to respond for some time as I am leaving for Japan on Friday! That also means that I will not be posting anything for the next few weeks... Take care! ;)




What do you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment